E-mail MeWilliam "Rip" Andrews
Rip Andrews is a partner with the law firm of Marsh, Rickard & Bryan, P.C.
Rip is a graduate of Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., where he studied Government. He received his J.D. degree summa cum laude from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2007. While in law school he was awarded the Order of the Coif and the Order of the Barristers.
Even as a young lawyer, Rip has successfully resolved numerous cases at or near the million-dollar mark, tried several jury trials and won a 9-0 decision at the Alabama Supreme Court. He has focused primarily on cases in the areas of product liability, especially automobile crashworthiness; government immunity;and trade secrets.
He is the co-author of the article "Defeating Immunity in Suits Against Law Enforcement in Alabama Courts," that appeared in the Summer 2007 issue of the Alabama Association for Justice Journal.
Before entering law school, Rip was active in electoral politics. He served as Senior Press Writer for the Gore/Lieberman campaign in 2000, and worked on the Don Siegelman for Governor campaign in 2001.
Areas of Practice
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Alabama, 2007
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. summa cum laude - 2007
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Government
- Co-Author, "Defeating Immunity in Suits Against Law Enforcement in Alabama Courts", Alabama Association for Justice Journal, Summer, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Alabama State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
Past Employment Positions
- Gore/Lieberman 2000, Senior Press Writer, 2000
- Don Siegelman for Governor, Comm. Dis., 2001 - 2002