D. Ty Brown
Ty Brown grew up in a family of lawyers and sees his entry into the legal profession as a natural course to maturity. At an early age, he was taught to do the right and honorable thing in all his relationships.
"I learned that the law applies to everybody," Brown says.
Most clients who come to Marsh, Rickard & Bryan, P.C., are in desperate situations, which happened through no fault of their own. They are at the end of their rope and need understanding and hope. "I remember one case in particular where a young man had been very seriously injured. I understood then and there that my worst day will never be as bad as his best," Brown says. "There are people who need us to get through some of the most trying times of their lives."
Like his father and brothers before him, Ty likes being in the courtroom. "I like to look the witnesses and jury in the eye and see into their hearts. I am telling the client's story and I must tell it well. I have learned to do this at Marsh, Rickard & Bryan."
- Alabama, 2009
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 2009
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Abraham Carruthers Fellow
- Honors: Scholar of Merit
- Honors: The Dean's Scholarship
- Law Review: Cumberland Law Review, 2007 - 2009
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- B.A. cum laude - 2004
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2013
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2014, 2015
- NAOPIA 2014 Top 10 Attorney Award for Excellence in the Field of Personal Injury