Jeffrey C. Rickard
At first, Jeff Rickard wanted to be an engineer. His father was an engineer and he saw the profession as challenging and rewarding. Then, he discovered an affinity for words and speaking, which led him to the law. "Both professions require critical thinking," Rickard said. "That was and still is very important to me."
Rickard gives much credit to the advantages of growing up in a small town in Alabama where everybody took care of everybody else. Those were the times and places that one could ride a bike anywhere and play ball until suppertime.
"My high school football coach was a big influence in my life. He taught me about preparation and responsibility," Rickard said. "These are two principles we practice at Marsh, Rickard & Bryan every single day on every single case."
According to Rickard, honesty, believability and the ability to persuade a jury to do the right thing is how the law is practiced at Marsh, Rickard & Bryan, P.C.
- Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1989
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 1989
- Law Journal: American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Member
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- B.S. - 1985
Honors and Awards
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers, 2014 - Present
- Benchmark Plaintiff - Litigation Start, 2014
- Martindale - Hubbell, AV Preeminent
- Best Lawyers’ Birmingham Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs’ Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- ALM, Top Rated Lawyer in Personal Injury, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Birmingham Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Alabama, Member
- Alabama Association for Justice, Sustaining Member, Executive Committee, 1996 - Present
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Alabama Civil Justice Foundation, President, 2012 - 2013
Past Employment Positions
- Pittman, Hooks, Marsh, Dutton & Hollis, P.C.
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Delta Sigma Pi