John David Marsh ("JD")
J.D. is Marsh, Rickard & Bryan's newest and youngest lawyer. But being the new kid on the block doesn't bother J.D. He is simply excited to be living his dream.
He says, "Ever since I was a little kid, I wanted to be a lawyer. I grew up watching my dad practice law and how much he cares about the people we represent, and I always wanted to be just like that."
"We represent people who find themselves in tough situations and have gone through traumatic events, and we get to help them get back on their feet. I can't imagine a more rewarding job."
J.D. expresses gratitude for the opportunity to work alongside his father and brother. He says, "The three of us are very close and so far, it's been a great experience."
- Alabama, 2016
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. summa cum laude - 2016
- Law Review: Cumberland Law Review, 2014 - 2016
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
- B.S. summa cum laude - 2013
- Major: Agricultural Business & Economics
- Plaintiff's Recovery Limited to Punitive Damages: The Punitive Nature of the Alabama Wrongful Death Statute, Cumberland Law Review, 46 Cumb. L. Rev. 255, 2015
- Criminal Law - Child Pornography - Restitution Under 18 U.S.C. 2259 Limited to the Injury Proximately Caused by the Individual Possessor's Crime, Cumberland Law Review, 45 Cumb. L. Rev. 447, 2015
Honors and Awards
- Scholar of Merit
- Judge Abraham Carathers, Fellow