Dylan Scilabro has always been guided by his instinct, emotional awareness, and sense of right and wrong. He will not hesitate to go head to head with anyone who challenges those ideals. From a very early age, he understood his purpose, to be an advocate for those at their most vulnerable.
While in law school he served as Editor for the American Journal of Trial Advocacy, as a Teaching Assistant in trial advocacy, and as a successful representative of Cumberland School of Law and the State of Alabama in trial competitions around the country.
Upon graduation Dylan was nominated by his school and chosen by a national committee as one of the nation's Top Guns in trial advocacy, ultimately joining the preeminent ranks as one of sixteen advocates selected from the country's top schools in trial advocacy.
"At Marsh, Rickard, & Bryan I am where I am supposed to be. I have the opportunity to inspire hope and find justice for someone when they really need it most. I cannot think of a better reason to wake up every day."
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Wrongful Death/Personal Injury
- Alabama, 2020
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 2020
- Auburn University , Alabama
- Major: International Business
- Keeping Companies Honest- Restatement (Second) of Torts & 402 B and Restatement (Third) of Torts & 9 Are Not Just Options; They Are Solutions, American Journal of Trial Advocacy , Products Liability
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Alabama Bar Association
- Emerging Leader, Alabama Association for Justice (ALAJ)
- Member, American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Alabama Bar Association
- Member, Birmingham Bar Association
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable Madeline H. Haikala- Northern District of Alabama , 08/2019 to 12/2019
CLASSES AND SEMINARS
- Teaching Assistant in Basic Skills in Trial Advocacy , Ramona Albin , 08/01/2019 to 12/01/2019
- 2020 Top Gun Advocate- Nominated by Cumberland School of Law and Chosen by the Baylor Law School Selection Committee as One of Country's Top 16 Advocates from among the Nation's Top Trial Advocacy Schools.
- Best Overall Advocate, Perliminary Rounds- National trial Competition. Region 6- Gulfport, FL
- Best Advocate, Final Round- National Trial Competition, Region 6- Gulfport, FL
- First Place Team- National Trial Competition, Region 6- Gulfport, FL
- 2019 Outstanding Advocate Award- South Texas Mock Trial Challenge- Houston, TX
- Ethical Advocacy & Professionalism Award- National Civil Trial Competition- Los Angeles, CA
- First Place- Parham H. Williams Trial Competition
- First Place- Davis CLient Counseling & Negotiations Competition
- Scholar of Merit- Deposition Skills & technology; Professors Heidi Delorenzo, Todd Buchanan
- Dean's List (3.30 and above)- Fall 2018/Spring 2019/Fall 2019/ *(Spring2020 n/a/ due to COVID grading system)
- Teaching Assistant, Basic Skills in trial Advocacy- Professor Ramona C. Albin
- Scholarship of Merit
Dylan Patrick Scilabro
- Associate Attorney