W.A.T.C.H. (world against toys causing harm) recently released their list of the most dangerous toys for the 2017 holiday season. Even if your children ask for these toys, you may want to buy them something else.
Defective and dangerous toys are always an issue, but they get the most attention during the holiday shopping season. Many things can make a toy dangerous: poor design, small removable parts, incorrect age recommendations and insufficient warnings are just a few.
Does your child want one of these toys?
According to W.A.T.C.H., this year’s top 10 most dangerous toys are:
- Itty Bittys baby stacking toy from Hallmark – potential choking hazard
- Pull Along Pony from Tolo – potential entanglement and strangulation injuries
- Wonder Woman Battle Action Sword by Mattel – blunt force injury potential
- Hand Fidgetz Spinners from Kipp Brothers – potential choking hazard
- Spider-Man Spider-Drone from Marvel – potential eye and body impact injuries
- Nerf Zombie Strike Deadbolt Crossbow from Hasbro – eye injury potential
- Slackers Slackline Classic Series Kit from Brand 44 – potential for severe fall injuries and strangulation
- Oval xylophone by Plan Toys – potential choking injuries from ingestion
- Jetts Heel Wheels by Razor – potential fire-related burn injuries and blunt impact injuries
- Brianna Babydoll from Melissa & Doug – potential for choking injuries
Please visit the list for more details on each toy.
You and your family deserve to be safe this season. If these or any toys cause an injury, you may want to discuss it with a lawyer to explore your options. In some cases, manufacturers and retailers may be held liable for creating and selling unsafe products.